Are You Blind? Made for the Sighted, By The Blind by Jason Lim Productions
Made for the Sighted, by the Blind. Even though many of us are blessed with sight, many of us take it for granted. Ignoring the little details in life that truly makes a difference. The First ever Malaysian Made Film which is “Audio Described”, directed and produced by Jason Lim. “Are You Blind?” Part 2 is the First of a Kind Film in the world, filmed entirely with the Visually Impaired.
Audio Description – allowing the blind to visualize through description
In an effort to support the introduction of Audio Description in Malaysia, we had a session where we invited Mr. Joel Snider an expert in the field of Audio Description to provide training on the need of Audio Description and how it will benefit the blindness community. From the 6th of May. 2015, NCBM, with the support of Mr. Joel Snider, spend several days in providing training.
As a start, we already have entities supporting us in achieving our goal of bringing Audio Description into Malaysia. Therefore, if you are a visitor to Malaysia and you would like to enjoy such services, kindly follow the link below>
The National Council For The Blind, Malaysia (NCBM) in short is a non-governmental , non-profit and tax-exempt organization, under the Societies’ Act Of Malaysia which officially came into being on 14th February 1986.
Member Organizations of NCBM
The five major voluntary organizations serving the blind that make up this umbrella body are:
- Malaysian Association for the Blind (MAB), based in Kuala Lumpur
- Society of the Blind in Malaysia (SBM), based in Kuala Lumpur
- St. Nicholas’ Home, based in Penang
- Sabah Society for the Blind, based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Sarawak Society for the Blind, based in Kuching, Sarawak
The objectives of NCBM include the introduction and progressive improvement of policies and implementation of services governing the education, rehabilitation, employment, and general welfare of the blind and the prevention of blindness in Malaysia.
The functions of NCBM include the following:
- Co-ordinate activities of member organizations, encourage and facilitate co-operaation between them.
- provide the forum for consultation and discussion of aims, policies, plans, activities, views, and problems of member organizations.
- Review and promote progress in the fields of education, braille literacy and computerized braille production, rehabilitation, vocational training, employment, social welfare services, prevention of blindness, and other programs and schemes for the blind in Malaysia.
- Solicit the support of the government and other agencies for services, programs and schemes to be carried out for the socio-economic advancement of the blind.
- Present a common approach to relevant government bodies, the private sector, and the Malaysian public in general on issues that may affect the welfare of the blind and liaise with other organizations serving other categories of disable person.
- Represent Malaysia in all international bodies concern with the work for the blind, and appoint the Malaysian delegates to any national or international conferences.
NCBM accepts contributions, donations, grants, endowments, legacies and subscriptions from persons or bodies (including the government) desiring to assist in the promotion of the objectives and to hold such funds as trustees for the achievements of the said objectives.